What is a Workplace Business Partner?
Our partners help us educate the public about organ, eye and tissue donation and inspire the public to register as donors. Workplace partners make a commitment to help us spread awareness in their community for the nearly 2,500 people in Colorado and Wyoming who are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. Created in 2001, Workplace Partnership for Life (WPFL) is a national initiative that unites the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) with the organ and tissue donation community and businesses, organizations and associations to spread the word about the importance of donation and to encourage citizens to register as donors. This nationwide network of Workplace Partners includes companies and organizations of all kinds.
Donor Alliance has taken the traditional Workplace Partnership for Life Program and combined it with our own ideas to create a fun and unique program that works in Colorado and Wyoming. Both businesses and hospitals are encouraged to join Donor Alliance as Workplace Partners!
Why become a Workplace Partner?
Nationwide, more than 116,000 people are waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant. Another name is added to this list every 10 minutes. Of those waiting for lifesaving organs, nearly 2,500 live in Colorado and Wyoming.
Every year, approximately 1.5 million lives are saved and healed by organ and tissue donation. Just one donor can save up to eight lives through organ donation and can save or heal more than 75 lives through tissue donation!
Though Colorado and Wyoming lead the nation in donor designation rates, the percentage of people who say “yes” to organ and tissue donation when they get their driver’s license or state identification, the need is immense and more donors are needed. Donor Alliance seeks community leaders through the Workplace Partnership for Life Program to join us in raising awareness about this need and about the importance of giving the gift of life.
Get Involved – Become a Workplace Partner
To become a Workplace Partner, businesses only need to take two of these easy steps:
- Display one of our window clings in your businesses front window: Our small 5 x 5 window cling is a great way to show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation
- Share Our Message on Social Media: We’ve created an online toolkit complete with photos, logos and sample social media posts
- Showcase Colorado or Wyoming’s organ and tissue registry on your website: Add a short paragraph about your organization’s support for organ, eye and tissue donation with logo or banner and link to the organ and tissue donor registry (DonateLifeColorado.org/DonateLifeWyoming.org) to your website or intranet.
- Display posters and brochures around your workplace: Post Donate Life posters on community bulletin boards, in break rooms and on windows and doors. You could also display educational brochures in convenient locations around your business.
- Provide Articles and Information: Share information, videos and/or stories about organ, eye and tissue donation through your company website, intranet, newsletter, social media accounts or other communication channels. Our article template means you don’t have to start from scratch!
- Make it big! Tell the story of someone at your workplace who has been touched by organ, eye and tissue donation as a recipient, donor family or living donor! Tell their stories through internal and external channels.
- Host a Donor Designation Drive: Host an educational table in a high-traffic area to encourage employees and visitors to learn more about donation and to have the opportunity to register. Donor Alliance will provide information, trained volunteers and prizes for employees, customers and community members. Host a drive as part of a company social, health or wellness fair or your own “Donate Life Day.”
- Make it big! Encourage departments, offices or store locations to challenge each other to see who can register the most donors. Treat the group who recruits the most new donors (or the highest percentage relative to the group size) to a prize like a pizza party.
- Donate Advertising Space: If your company offers advertising or public service announcements, consider donating space/time to Donor Alliance to share the message of the importance of organ and tissue donation. Your donation will amplify the message and help us reach thousands more people—people with the potential to save lives. We have prepackaged ads, PSAs and B-roll to help keep production costs low.
- Make it big! Donate space on a traditional or digital billboard to showcase your commitment to saving lives through organ and tissue donation.
- Form a Company Team for the Donor Dash: The Donor Dash is Donor Alliance’s signature 5K run/walk held in Denver’s Washington Park each July to honor organ and tissue donors, celebrate organ and tissue recipients and recognize those still waiting for a lifesaving transplant. Wear your company t-shirts during the race to show your organization’s support for organ, eye and tissue donation. You may choose to reimburse all or a portion of member registration fees. Prizes will be awarded to the largest corporate team.
- Fly the Donate Life Flag: Fly the Donate Life flag every day or during National Donate Life Month in April. Some hospitals have honored donors through flag-raising ceremonies.
- Create a customized campaign with Donor Alliance
The sky is the limit! Use your imagination.
Your contact from Donor Alliance will take a look at your unique workplace and help you come up with creative strategies to educate your employees, partners and clients about donation and provide them with opportunities to register.
Perks of Becoming a Workplace Partner
When you commit to becoming a Workplace Partner, your organization will enjoy the following benefits:
- The feeling that you are doing something positive and lifesaving for your local community
- Logo and link at www.DonorAlliance.org/WPFL
- Logo and name recognition on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Name recognition in one issue of Donor Alliance’s bimonthly e-newsletter, Perspectives
About Donor Alliance
Donor Alliance is one of 58 not-for-profit organ procurement organizations federally designated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services to facilitate the donation and recovery of organs for people needing transplants. Donor Alliance is also a recognized leader in facilitating the donation and recovery of transplantable tissues in Colorado and most of Wyoming. Learn more.
About Donate Life Colorado and Donate Life Wyoming
Donate Life Colorado is the official brand of Colorado’s donor registry, now named the Donate Life Colorado Organ and Tissue Donor Registry. Likewise, Donate Life Wyoming is the brand of Wyoming’s state donor registry. These brands and registries are managed by Donor Alliance.