The curriculum for our Transplantation Science program is designed for grades 6-12. Donor Alliance has provided some educational resources for the program. Participating schools should utilize these free educational resources to prepare students for an upcoming Transplantation Science class or for follow-up learning.
- Download an outline of the Transplantation Science curriculum.
- Learn the current Facts and Statistics for Colorado and Wyoming. If you have Spanish-speaking students, find information in Spanish on our Done Vida Colorado page.
- Kahoot and Quizziz warm-up activities about organ and tissue donation and transplantation
- Kahoot and Quizziz warm-up activities about the Facts About Donation
- Donation Essentials – Offers up to date information about the field of Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation. Check out the post about Multicultural Groups & Donation.
- The Discuss Donation blog on the Donate Life Colorado and Donate Life Wyoming websites has some interesting and different stories about donation. See the post “Tattoos: More Than Just Skin Deep.”
- Be inspired by the our YouTube Series, The Second Act: An Organ, Eye & Tissue Donation Story, a monthly #DonorAlliance video series introducing you to interesting people with interesting stories. Every guest you’ll meet has a connection to organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation.
- Our friends at the Chris Klug Foundation have a free, interactive online curriculum intended for anyone seeking to teach about the facts about donation and transplantation.
- The Colorado Transplantation Science video features Maurissa Mounger, living liver donor. The Wyoming Transplantation Science video was created by Victoria Morales, a student at Cody High School. The videos showcase the facts about donation and stories of several local Colorado and Wyoming families who have experienced donation and transplantation.
If you have further questions, need more educational resources or information, please contact our Public Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.