Join us from July 12-19 for the Donor Dash Week to honor the lives of organ and tissue donors, celebrate the lives of transplant recipients and recognize those who continue to wait for a lifesaving transplant. We encourage you to partake in all the activities and head over to our Donate Life Colorado Facebook page for ways to earn special prizes all week long!
Donor Dash Week Activities
- Move It Monday! July 13: Share your song recommendations for our shared Spotify playlist, called “Donor Dash 2020“. You can pick your favorite song for a workout, something that reminds you of your loved one, your donor, or a song that kept you going through your transplant. We will combine all of your favorite songs to a shared playlist that you can listen to while running/walking your 5k!
- Team Tuesday! July 14: Share #WhoAreYouDashingFor with a team photo OR a photo of Who You’re Dashing For!
- Put your team photo and/or the Donate Life Logo in your window so your neighbors can see. If your neighborhood has a NextDoor page, share what you are doing for Donor Dash so they can be on the lookout for your window when walking/running/riding past your house!
- Warrior Wednesday! July 15: Warrior Wednesday! Who’s the warrior/hero in your life? Share it with us in a post on your social pages and tag @DonateLifeColorado for a chance to win a prize!
- Get creative and wear superhero gear to work (in person or virtually) in honor of your hero. If anyone asks, share your story about donation or transplantation.
- Thankful Thursday! July 16: Spend some time reflecting on who and/or what you’re thankful for! Share it with us in a post on your social pages and tag @DonateLifeColorado for a chance to win a prize!
- Make a small gift basket with blue and green objects (Donate Life Colors) and drop it on the porch of someone you are thinking of and thankful for during this time.
- UCHealth Favorite Friday July 17: Share your Favorite Donor Dash photo from your favorite year. If you’re new to Donor Dash, tell us why you are looking forward to it this year!
- Create your favorite green or blue dessert and share it with your loved ones! Here is a yummy list of Blue & Green Dessert ideas!
- Wash Park Car Parade, Saturday, July 18! Decorate your car in green and blue and join us from 9:00 AM to 10:15 AM for a fun morning with music and time to honor, celebrate and recognize together, though apart! Enter the parade on the East side of Washington Park at the intersection of Franklin & Mississippi Sts. where the Donor Dash start line would normally be, and be sure to bring your race bib as those will be required for entry. If you lose or somehow do not have access you can print a race bib here. Highlight Who You’re Dashing For and check out decorated cars from others in our amazing Donate Life family. This will be a great, highly visual way to raise awareness for the gift of life in our Colorado community!
- Sunday, July 19, 11:00am: Together, Though Apart Live Program. At 10:00am, run or walk your 5k in your neighborhood, in a park near your home (please practice social distancing) or on your treadmill! We will provide methods to self-report your finish time and provide full race results.
- At 11:00am, join us online here or on our Facebook or YouTube for a live, virtual program. CBS4’s Michael Spencer will be our emcee! Tune in to catch Michael, watch your team video, hear a few words from the new Donor Alliance President & CEO, Jennifer Prinz, and take part in a large, shared activity in celebration of live and loved ones.
Join us and show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by sharing all your Donor Dash Week activities on your social media all week long! Tag us at @DonateLifeColorado on Facebook and use #DonorDash, #WhoAreYouDashingFor. Don’t have social media? We encourage you to still get involved with these activities and share the message that organ, eye and tissue donation saves lives in your community. Even though we can’t run side by side at the Donor Dash this year, we hope you join us for the Donor Dash Week, together, though apart!