Wyoming Donor Dash
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When is the Wyoming Donor Dash?
A: The Wyoming Donor Dash event is on Saturday, April 20, 2024. Participants can walk/run from home and use the RunKeeper App to track their time virtually. You can also add a $9.00 shipping fee for your packet to be mailed to you. A $9 fee is required to cover the shipping cost if you would like your packet mailed to you. If you do not choose this shipping option, your packet will be at the event on race day.
Q: When does online registration close?
A: Final online registration closes on Friday, April 12, 2024
Q: Is there free registration if I am a donor family member or transplant recipient?
A: Yes- Please email email@example.com if you are a donor family member or transplant recipient and we will provide you with the free code.
Q: Can I register day of?
A: Yes, participants will have an opportunity to register for the event the morning of the race on Saturday, April 20, 2024. However, there is no guarantee that there will be event t-shirts available.
Q: Can I participate virtually in the Wyoming Donor Dash?
A: Yes! Please see below:
Tracking steps for the Wyoming Donor Dash:
ASICS Runkeeper™ app: Pro Tip: we recommend going to your mobile device’s app store to download the app first. One note: ASICS Runkeeper™ app operates with GPS technology to track your distance. If plan to use a treadmill, we recommend you skip down to option 2 to manually upload your race results. Here’s how the app works
- Step One: From your mobile device, go to www.raceroster.com and login to the account you used to register for Wyoming Donor Dash. Forgot your password? No problem! Just follow the prompts from the login page to reset your password.
- Step Two: Select “ Wyoming Donor Dash” from “Recent Registrations”. You’ll see your registration confirmation number and a teal button that says “Connect to my app”. Click the button to go to the Virtual Race.
- Step Three: Your mobile device will prompt you to download or open the ASICS Runkeeper™ app from your mobile device app store. Downloading the app is free and no subscription is required to complete the Donor Dash Virtual 5K. If you come to a pop-up screen with paid subscription options, there is an X in the upper right hand corner you can click to close and proceed. You’ll set up an account on the app. Once you’re ready, from the “Start” menu on the bottom, click “Free Run”.
- Step Four: Verify your name and click “Wyoming Donor Dash”. Please note- if you have registered for other upcoming virtual races through Race Roster, they will also appear here. You will be prompted “Are you ready to start your Donor Dash Virtual 5K activity?”. Only click “Start Your Race” if you’re ready to complete the 5K. If you’d like to go for a warm-up or practice run to familiarize yourself with the app, we recommend starting the run until you’re ready to make it count.
- Step Five: On your mark, get set, go! Once you finish the run, your results will be automatically e-mailed to you.
- Post videos and photos on your social media pages and tag us at @donatelifewyoming!
Q: What is the timeline of events?
A: The timeline of events is below:
- 8:00 am: Check-in and onsite registration
- 8:40 am: Presentations
- 9:00 am: Race starts
Q: What does my event packet include?
A: Participants who register online will receive an event t-shirt; but quantities are limited, so we encourage you to register early! All participants will receive a packet with various other fun Donate Life items.
Q: How long is the Wyoming Donor Dash?
A: The Wyoming Donor Dash will take place from approximately 8am – 11am.
Q: Where does the Wyoming Donor Dash take place?
A: The Wyoming Donor Dash takes place at the Tate Pumphouse in Casper, Wyoming. Participants will cross the North Platte River to begin the race and follow the Platte River Trails around the Three Crowns Golf course, returning to the Tate Pumphouse to conclude the 5k.
Q: What if the weather is bad?
A: Wait five minutes and the weather will change in Wyoming right? We know the weather here can change quickly, but it can also be beautiful and we think Wyomingites are strong because we can weather the storms! Please be prepared to be outside for this event. It could be warm or chilly in April, we never know! Participants are expected to check-in and then gather outside the Tate Pumphouse between the back Patio and North Platte River area. Presentations will take place outside.
Q: Are there restrooms available?
A: Restrooms are available inside the Tate Pumphouse and one on the race course.
Q: Is there parking available?
A: Parking is available at the Tate Pumphouse.
Q: Does everyone need to register?
A: This is a common question of the frequently asked questions! Every participant who will be actively participating and completing the 5K should register for the event. This event is a great family event for all ages! However, if you are participating in the event with young family members (toddlers and infants), who will accompany you, but will not complete the 5K on their own – they do not need to register.
Q: Can I bring my pet/dog to the race?
A: We love to see your furry family members, but we must insist that you keep them leashed and outside of the Tate Pumphouse. Please also remember to be respectful of pets that may not be comfortable around other furry friends or human friends. All pet owners must pick up after their furry family members and dispose of their accidents appropriately.
Q: I heard something about an event playlist. Can you tell me more about it?
A: Absolutely! We have asked those connected to donation and transplantation to help us build a Spotify playlist that participants can listen to while participating in the Wyoming Donor Dash. The songs on the playlist might remind someone of a donor, a donor’s family or loved ones, or could be a song that kept a transplant recipient motivated throughout their transplant journey. Be sure to follow the Wyoming Donor Dash on Spotify and enjoy it during the 5K, or any time really!
Q: Where does registration money go?
A: Your registration fee helps to cover the cost of the event including t-shirts, event logistics and location fees, permitting, safety and insurance costs, and marketing costs. The Wyoming Donor Dash is an awareness-raising event and proceeds are applied, as of 2022, to grow the event in an effort to further educate and inspire support of organ, eye and tissue donation in our local community and state.
Q: Can I make a pledge or donation in memory or honor of a loved one?
- If you would like to make a donation in memory or honor of a loved one, you can do so online at DonorAlliance.org/Contribute.
- Mail a check to:
Donor Alliance-Wyoming Donor Dash
C/O Accounts Receivable
200 Spruce Street, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80230
To make it in honor of a person for the Wyoming Donor Dash, simply mark that in the notes section.
- We can also accept donations via credit card over the phone. Call Donor Alliance at 303-329-4747 and ask for accounts receivable. Your contribution will aid in our efforts to save lives through organ and tissue donation and transplantation. Donated funds help support the gift of life in Wyoming including public education and outreach programming. Thank you so much for your generosity.
Q: What if I cannot participate in the Wyoming Donor Dash event, but still want to show my support for organ, eye and tissue donation? What can I do?
A: There are 3 easy options for you to still show your support for donation and transplantation, even if you cannot participate in the event this year:
- Sign up to be an organ, eye and tissue donor at DonateLifeWyoming.org!
- Tell your friends and family about the Wyoming Donor Dash! Share on social media and encourage others to participate.
- Turn your passion into Advocacy by becoming an Advocate for Life volunteer! Check it out here.
Didn’t find your answer in these frequently asked questions? Please share your question with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to our frequently asked questions list!