#ShowYourHeart for National Donate Life Month this April and help shine a light on donation!
As part of the #ShowYourHeart Project, Donor Alliance teamed up with area hospitals and organizations to help spread awareness for organ, eye and tissue donation.
You’re encouraged to get involved and show your support for the nearly 2,000 people in Colorado and Wyoming waiting for a lifesaving transplant.
Check out some of our initiatives this April:
NEW this year: Participating hospitals across Colorado and Wyoming will be awash with blue and green lights throughout National Donate Life Month to raise awareness for organ, eye and tissue donation!
How it works:
Community members are encouraged to view the #ShowYourHeart Illumination Project. Be sure to snap a picture of the light and share it on social media with #ShowYourHeart!
Hospitals participating in our #ShowYourHeart Illumination Project:
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- Lutheran Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- UCHealth Medical Center of the Rockies
- UCHealth Memorial Hospital (Colorado Springs)
- North Colorado Medical Center
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Parker Adventist Hospital
- Penrose Hospital
- Porter Adventist Hospital
- Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center
- Rocky Mountain Regional VA Medical Center
- Saint Joseph Hospital
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- St. Francis Medical Center
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
- Wyoming Medical Center
Want to shine a light on donation at home? Take part in the fun on National Blue & Green Day by swapping out your regular outdoor lights, for blue and green ones!
#ShowYourHeart with us! Decorate hearts with personalized messages of inspiration to show appreciation for those who have signed up to become organ, eye and tissue donors and inspire others to do the same.
How it works:
Locate a decorating station in your area by checking our map:
Decorate your heart and share on social media with #ShowYourHeart. You’re also encouraged to share why organ, eye and tissue donation is important to you!
Decorated hearts can be saved and redeemed for free promotions. Simply take your decorated heart, or show the heart on your driver license, to a participating restaurant or movie theater for special discounts.
- Attend one of our events in April
- Check out our online toolkit for free National Donate Life Month Resources
- Follow us on Social Media!
Remember, you can ALWAYS #ShowYourHeart and your support year-round by signing up to be an organ, eye and tissue donor at DonateLifeColorado.org or DonateLifeWyoming.org. Then share your decision with your family and loved ones.