As National Donate Life Month draws to a close, it is important to showcase our Driver License and Driver Services state partners and the support they give Donor Alliance in saving lives through organ, eye and tissue donation. In Colorado, 68% of residents say YES to donation through their local Driver License office. In Wyoming, 59% say YES to donation at their local Driver Services office.
- There are 29 Driver Services offices in Wyoming and 53 Driver License offices in Colorado. Both work with and support Donor Alliance’s mission by asking residents if they would like to register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor when they obtain or renew a driver license, permit or state ID.
- All 82 offices make it a priority to have materials available for residents in order to educate them about what registering means and how to do so. Learn more about donation here.
- During the month of April, all 82 offices participated by posting National Donate Life Month materials in their offices.
- In Colorado: the Boulder, Grand County, Pueblo and Westgate offices participated in the #ShowYourHeart project by setting up a messaging station and inviting residents to customize a cork heart. The Arapahoe County offices also participated by inviting staff members to customize hearts and place them in their local communities. The Colorado Springs office celebrated National Blue & Green Day as well.
- In Wyoming: the Casper, Cheyenne, Cody, Gillette (pictured below) and Riverton Driver Services offices joined in the #ShowYourHeart project by decorating their offices in blue and green and setting up messaging stations to encourage residents to participate in the project.
All Driver License and Driver Services employees in both Colorado and Wyoming go through donation educational training with a Donor Alliance staff member. We appreciate and value the incredible amount of engagement from all our Driver License and Driver Services locations. They assist us in achieving our mission each and every day!