All current Volunteer Opportunities can be found here! If you don’t see an opportunity listed that you would like to volunteer for, or if you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 303-370-2712.
Keep in mind that any DDS activities require the Becoming a Community Advocate training.
Sign up here for any of the below opportunities!
Virtual/At Home Opportunities:
- No current opportunities.
Metropolitan Denver Opportunities:
- DDS: Liver Life Walk. We are looking for 1-2 Advocates to help staff a DDS table at this year’s Liver Life Walk Colorado on September 23rd at Berkeley Lake Park in Denver.
- Saturday, September 23, 8:00am-11:00am *Time is tentative and may flex about thirty minutes.
- DDS: Mini Con Aurora. This free family-friendly event includes superheroes, comic-themed crafts and activities, panel discussions, exhibits, gaming and a cosplay costume contest. This year’s event will feature over 50 vendors, multiple food trucks, special guests and more! We are looking for two Advocates for each shift to help staff a DDS table to interact with families in attendance. This event will take place on the Aurora Great Lawn, a tent will be provided.
- Shift 1: Saturday, September 23, 9:00am-1:00pm
- Shift 2: Saturday, September 23, 1:00pm-5:00pm
- DDS: Levitt Pavilion Concert Series- Indie 102.3, Lido Pimienta. Indie 102.3 presents Divinae Feminae, a free Latin concert event celebrating sounds from global phenomenon’s Lido Pimienta, Katiria and Lolita. Come hang out with the Indie 102.3 team as we celebrate Latin Heritage Month at Levitt Pavilion on Friday, September 29. As always, Donate Life Colorado will be there educating the community about the importance of organ and tissue donation with our booth full of information and surprises! Levitt Pavilion is located at 1380 W. Florida Ave in Denver.
- Friday, September 29, 3:00pm-6:00pm
- DDS: Denver Kidney Walk. The National Kidney Foundation is hosting a Kidney Walk in Denver, CO and we are so excited to have been invited to host a table. We are looking for 1-2 Advocates to staff a DDS table in their exhibitor area to share information and provide giveaways! This event takes place in City Park in Denver.
- Sunday, October 1, 7:00am-12:00pm (time is tentative, may change 30 minutes or so)
- DDS: Lutheran Fall Festival. Lutheran Medical Center is hosting a Fall Festival on Saturday, October 14th. Donor Alliance is having a DDS table at the event to educate and inspire the community to sign up as organ, eye and tissue donors. There is music, food vendors and fun activities. This opportunity takes place at Lutheran Medical Center in Wheat Ridge.
- Saturday, October 14, 10:15am-2:30pm
- Special Opportunity: Denver’s Parade of Lights. The 2023 Parade of Lights will take place on Saturday, December 2nd in Downtown Denver. We are in need of 20-30 volunteers to walk alongside our Gift Box Balloon and in the parade! Family and friends are welcome to come with you to participate in this festive and fun event downtown Denver!
- Saturday, December 2nd, 4:00pm-8:00pm
Southern Colorado Opportunities:
- DDS: Bonnie Raitt Concert. We are looking for up to 4 Advocates to join us for a tabling opportunity at the Bonnie Raitt, Grammy Award singer, concert. Our goal is to support Bonnie and her mission to educate communities on different issues, especially during her tour after winning “Song of the Year” for her song about organ donation called “Just Like That”. This is an incredible opportunity for our volunteers in the area to promote organ and tissue donation in Colorado at this incredible event at the Pikes Peak Center in Colorado Springs.
- Wednesday, September 13, 5:30pm-whenever you would like to leave the concert.
- DDS: United States Air Force Academy vs. Utah State Football- Donate Life Game. We are looking for 1-2 Advocates to help us staff a DDS table in Falcon Alley before the Air Force Academy Football team takes on Utah State. Advocates who participate are welcome to stay and enjoy the game (we have a free ticket for you) after Falcon Alley closes about 6:00pm. This event takes place at the Air Force Academy Stadium, 2169 Field House Drive, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Friday, September 15, 3:15pm-6:00pm
- DDS: Colorado Springs Kidney Walk. The National Kidney Foundation is hosting their walk in Southern Colorado on the morning of Sunday, September 24th. We are looking for 1-2 Advocates to staff a DDS table in their exhibitor area to share information and provide giveaways. This event takes place at Memorial Park in Colorado Springs.
- Sunday, September 24, 7:00am-12:00pm
- DDS: Cool Science Carnival. The 2023 Colorado Springs Cool Science Carnival Day at UCCS will be Saturday, September 30th. This hugely popular event typically attracts over 5,000 attendees and features dozens of demonstrations, shows, performances, laboratory tours, interactive exhibits and hands on activities for kids (K-8th grade primarily). We are looking for 3 Advocates per shift to work alongside our Transplantation Science educators to interact with the kids in attendance.
- Shift 1: Saturday, September 30th, 9:00am-12:30pm
- Shift 2: Saturday, September 30th, 12:30pm-4:00pm
Northern Colorado Opportunities:
- No current opportunities. Call Mandy to initiate an event.
Western Slope/Grand Junction:
- No current opportunities. Call Mandy to initiate an event.
- DDS: UW Homecoming Game vs. New Mexico. This year, as part of our partnership with UW, we will have a DDS table near the Veterans Memorial Statue which is in line with the War Memorial Stadium entrance gates. We are being given this special location and recognition pre-game. We are looking for 1-2 Advocates to help staff our DDS table and share their stories with game attendees, help register those interested and educate the public on facts about donation. TBD is booth is indoor or outdoor, but we can provide a canopy tent if outside or move the booth indoors if weather is bad. This event takes place at War Memorial Stadium in Laramie, WY.
- Saturday, September 30, Time TBD
To sign up for any of the above activities, please click here!