Transplantation Science is a free program for students in grades 6-12 meant to enhance any anatomy, biology or health program and introduce students to the science behind organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation. The Transplantation Science program has a remote learning option: The Transplantation Science Traveling Trunk!
- Due to COVID-19, we have a limited amount of educators that are available to teach in-person classes. Donor Alliance is providing the TS Traveling Trunk as an option to all schools. You may request the trunk even if you would normally host an in-person class.
- For rural schools with less than 50 students and located more than 100 miles from Casper, Grand Junction, Colorado Springs or Denver, please consider requesting the TS Traveling Trunk for your students.
- Donor Alliance will ship the trunk of materials to and from your school FREE of charge.
- Day 1: You set up four stations and run the class with pre-written lesson plans.
- Day 2: Schedule a video conference with a Transplantation Science Educator who will
meet with your students to check for understanding, go over the answers to the activities, share their experience with donation and/or transplantation and answer any questions that come up during the class.
- Please submit a request 4 weeks in advance for scheduling purposes. TS Trunk will be shipped to you one week before the scheduled class.
For questions, please contact the public education coordinator at Donor Alliance at 303-370-2757 or email@example.com.