National Donor Sabbath (NDS), celebrated November 12-14, 2021, is dedicated to increase awareness about the lifesaving gift of organ, eye and tissue donation among all faith communities. While religious services and gatherings may be different at each house of worship due to the pandemic, we are happy to provide resources and ideas to help increase awareness about the lifesaving gift of organ, eye and tissue donation among faith communities.
National Donor Sabbath is a time for the faithful from all denominations to come together and raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donation and an opportunity for those who belong to faith communities to inspire fellow community members to say Yes and sign up as organ, eye and tissue donors. Share the facts about donation with your faith community and encourage them to sign up as organ, eye and tissue donors.
National Donor Sabbath: Ways to Come Together and Celebrate in-Person and Virtually
- NEW! Digital Packet for faith communities: We know this year is different and more and more houses of worship are opting to offer virtual church services. Find all the resources your congregation needs to celebrate National Donor Sabbath and increase awareness about donation and transplantation. From graphics, digital bulletin, inspirational videos and resources for their virtual service on Zoom.
- Share on Social Media: Inspire your community and increase awareness about the lifesaving gift of donation by sharing our videos and testimonials of local people touched by organ, eye and tissue donation on your social media. You can share on your personal accounts or encourage your faith community to share!
- Share the facts about donation with Your Faith Community: Our free educational materials such as posters and bulletins are a great resource to learn more about organ and tissue donation. We can provide digital versions for your newsletter and other communication with your faith community or you can print them and have them available during service or at the bulletin board. Don’t have a printer? No problem, you can also request a hard copy materials.
- Order Free Giveaways for your Faith Community: Order up to 20 special seed packets to give to members of your faith community and up to 25 prayer cards for Catholic churches. These free giveaways are a great resource to use during your National Donor Sabbath activities.
- Invite a Speaker: Celebrate National Donor Sabbath by engaging your faith community and bringing the message of organ, eye and tissue donation to your fellow parishioners. Request a virtual presentation and learn how organ, eye and tissue donation saves lives and what you can do to help.
Other Resources you Can Share with your Leaders:
- Religious Views on Organ and Tissue Donation – Use this document to learn more about various theological perspectives on donation
- Sample Sermon – Pastors, ministers and other religious leaders can use this document as a starting point to when dedicating a sermon to the lifesaving topic of organ, eye and tissue donation.
- Talking Points – Talking points about National Donor Sabbath
Need more information? If you have any questions or need more information on how host an info table or request a speaker during National Donor Sabbath or at any time, please contact Angelica Barajas at 303.329.4747 or firstname.lastname@example.org