Flag Raisings, Lighting Events & Proclamations
Regional and Community Support
Across Colorado and Wyoming, around 1,400 of our neighbors wait for a lifesaving organ transplant and thousands more are in need of healing tissue transplants. As we #ShineALight on the need throughout the month of April, we celebrate the regional and community support from people like you! Everyday heroes who say Yes to organ, eye and tissue donation and register their donation decision help us illuminate the darkest corner and end the waitlist.
Celebrate with us at by requesting your free lighting kit, sharing your support on social media and recognizing our community supporters and partners below in your local community.
Watch Special Announcement from City and County of Denver’s Mayor Hancock: Special Donate Life Month Message from Mayor Hancock.
Flag Raising Events
- March 29, 2023
- 4pm at Allosource
- March 31, 2023
- April 3, 2023
- April 4, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- April 6, 2023
- April 7, 2023
- 3pm at Denver Health Medical Center
- April 10, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- 12:30pm Lake County Court House celebrating with Leadville Driver License and Lake County HS
- April 12, 2023
- 12pm at at St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Visit Casper in Casper, WY will be flying a flag in April
Lighting Events & Illuminated Buildings
The following buildings will illuminate the need for organ, eye and tissue donation by donning blue and green lighting throughout the month of April.
- City and County of Denver building
- JOIN US at a special lighting event on April 13th at 6:45 pm to 7:30pm-
- Celebrate Donate Spirit Week with the Blue and Green display from April 10 – 14, 2023 .
- Colorado State Capitol House Porch (west Side of the Capitol) on April 13-14th, 2023.
- Davita Headquarters during Blue & Green Spirit Week
- at 2000 16th Street and 2001 16th St in Denver, CO
- McNichols Civic Center building from April 10-14, 2023.
- Marian H. Rochelle Gateway Center on the University of Wyoming campus on April 14, 2023 for National Blue & Green Day
- The Clock Tower in Denver, Colorado.
- Denver Health
- Raymond A. Bullock Park will be illuminated in blue and green in April.
- City of Fort Collins buildings on April 4, 2023
- Denver’s Union Station will be illuminated on April 14th.
Proclamations in April for National Donate Life Month
- March 14th, 2023
- The City of Carbondale – a special proclamation signing event Watch the signing here starting at 56:30.
- March 27th, 2023 at 6:30am
- The City of Aurora, First Donate Life Community in Colorado – a special proclamation signing event at the Aurora Municipal Center.
- April 4, 2023 at 5:00pm
- April 4, 2023 at 7:00pm
- April 5th at 3:00pm
- April 6, 2023 6:30pm
- April 11, 2023 at 6:00 pm
- Eagle County – a special proclamation signing event.
- The City and County of Denver is proclaiming the month of April as National Donate Life Month.
- The Town of Basalt, CO
- The City of Colorado Springs is proclaiming the month of April as National Donate Life Month. Read the proclamation here.
- The City of Thornton is proclaiming the month of April as National Donate Life Month. Read the proclamation here.
- The City of Parker is proclaiming the month of April as National Donate Life Month. Read the proclamation here.
Remember the best way to shine a light on organ, eye and tissue donation for National Donate Life Month is to register your decision to save lives! Say Yes today in Colorado or Wyoming and then share your donation decision with your loved ones.