Welcome to The Donor Alliance Foundation, where we believe that organ and tissue donation and transplantation are human gifts that save lives and that all those affected by donation deserve to be acknowledged, supported and given access to resources that enable the gift of life.
The Foundation was created in December 1993 as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) and re-established in August 2017, to operate exclusively for charitable, scientific and educational purposes. The Foundation is a supporting foundation to Donor Alliance, the federally designated nonprofit organization that facilitates organ and tissue donation in Colorado and most of Wyoming. Donor Alliance invests significantly in public education in Colorado and Wyoming and the foundation will build upon those efforts through grantmaking to in-need populations across Colorado and Wyoming.
Our mission is to build partnerships and break down barriers to influence change that will positively affect the donation and transplant community.
Our vision is to ensure those affected by organ and tissue donation are acknowledged, supported and given access to resources that enable the gift of life.
The Foundation will grant in the areas of education, family assistance and research. Qualifying organizations can apply to receive funding to:
· Offer education on donation and transplantation through hospitals, governmental agencies and community health-serving organizations
· Provide funding for grief assistance and compassion support for donor families
· Deliver support for living donors, people who are waiting for a transplant or who are post-transplant and their families
· Fund scholarships for students studying in the area of donation and transplantation (i.e. nursing students, medical students, mortuary science students, master-level social work students)
· Conduct clinical and social research to further the donation and transplantation field
Please click here to view criteria and to see if you qualify. All applications must be received through The Donor Alliance Foundation’s online grant submission portal by 5 p.m. MDT on Monday, July 16, 2018.
If at any time throughout the process, you have questions about The Donor Alliance Foundation’s funding priorities, the online grants portal or application, please contact Jennifer Moe, executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-753-2410.
The foundation’s 2018 Board of Directors:
· Judy Hutchison (Chair)
· John Harney (Vice Chair)
· Gary Ruhl (Secretary/Treasurer)
· Melody Connett
· Igal Kam, M.D.
· Julian Kesner
· Ellen E. Stewart, Esq.
· Michael Talamantes
· Representative David Young
· Jennifer Prinz, Ex-Officio