Hey Dasher! Are you interested in creating a team for the Donor Dash? You came to the right spot. You must register yourself as an individual first then you can create your team!
First time creating a Donor Dash Team? No worries, we got you covered! Check out our Team Captain Info Packet below were you can find answers to the most common questions about creating a team and/or being a team captain. If you still have questions or don’t see the information you need here, please feel free to reach out to Tina, our team liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She’ll be more than happy to assist you!
KEY TEAM INFO AND CAPTAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The person who creates the team during online registration is automatically assigned as the team captain.
- Team Captains are responsible for picking up team packets on Wednesday, July 13 or the morning of the race.
- Team Captains are responsible for managing team rosters, communication and logistics, including but not limited to:
- Downloading team roster
- Communicating details of the event with team members
- Confirming team captain contact information with team members
- Coordinating and hosting complementary team sign
- Picking up packets (please let us know if a designee will be picking up on your behalf)
- A team must consist of at least 10 members (by the team registration deadline) in order to pick up materials as a group. Any teams of less than 10 are welcome to run/walk as a team but must pick up packets as individuals.
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM ONLINE (For Team Captains):
- Step 1: Go to www.donoralliance.org/donordash (we recommend using Firefox or Chrome)
- Step 2: Click on “Register Now”-you will be taken to Race Roster’s website.
- Step 3: Click “Register” in the left hand menu on Race Roster’s website. You will need to create a Race Roster account or sign in to continue. If an account is already registered with your e-mail address, you will be prompted for a password. If you are unable to recall your password, please click “Forgot Pass-word?” and follow the prompts to re-set your password.
- Step 4: Fill in your information for Participant #1.
- Step 5: Under “Would you like to create or join a team?” click Yes and then Create Team. Please note, Participant 1 will automatically become the team captain.
- Step 6: Complete your team’s details including team name & type.
- Step 7: Continue through to payment to complete your registration!
MANAGING YOUR TEAM:
- Determine a meeting place for your team on race day and communicate that to your team so all team members know where to meet on race day.
- Make sure all team members know how and where to pick up their bib and t-shirt. All team captains are responsible for distributing bib and t-shirts to all members of your team.
- You can view and manage your team on Race Roster through your account on the Participant Dashboard.
- Suggest carpooling! Race Day parking gets very busy!
- Be sure to download your team roster which includes team member names and contact info. You can view and manage your team on Race Roster through your account on the Participant Dashboard.
- If you do not recognize a team member, reach out to ensure they did not accidently select the wrong team, or contact us at DonorDash@DonorAlliance.org.
- Team members can be reassigned, but it has to be done by July 10.
- Team Captains are responsible for ensuring your team members receive their packets. Packet Dissemination Options:
- Shipping option: Individuals on a team may choose to have packets mailed during the initial online registration process. In order to keep registration costs down, a fee is required to cover the cost of shipping the packet. In order to ensure packets will arrive before the event, participants must register and select the shipping option prior to 11:59pm on Sunday, June 19 (Deadlines are reflective of USPS times for the Denver Metropolitan area. If you are outside of Denver, your packet may take longer). The mail distribution option will be available after the deadline on Sunday, June 19 however, your packet may not arrive by race day.
- Team captains may designate a representative to pick up team packets by notifying us at DonorDash@DonorAlliance.org.
TEAM PACKET PICK-UP:
- TEAM CAPTAINS: Please plan to pick up your team’s race bibs & shirts on Wednesday, July 13th from 7:00am-7:00pm. Be sure to communicate to your team how you will get those items to them before the race. Individuals on your team are not able to pick up their own packets.
- TEAM MEMBERS: Please communicate with your team captains to coordinate pick up of your race bibs & t-shirt.
- LOCATION: Donor Alliance, 200 Spruce Street, Denver, CO 80230.
BUILDING TEAM SPIRIT:
- Create your own team name that signifies your spirit and unique qualities.
- Design & print your own team t-shirt to distribute to team members.
- Make posters, banners or flags to carry on race day.
- Take a team photo on race day in the Team Photo Area near the Start Line.
- Plan a post-race party to celebrate your accomplishments!
- Promote friendly competitions between different organizations, clubs or communities.
RECAP – IMPORTANT TEAM DATES/DEADLINES:
- Monday, June 13: Honorary Signs/Team Signs Close
- Sunday, June 19: Last day to add mailing to registration to ensure packet delivers before the event
- Sunday, July 10: Team Registration closes
- Wednesday, July 13: Packet Pick Up at Donor Alliance
- Thursday, July 14: Individual registration closes
- Sunday, July 17: IN PERSON 5K