Have you created your Donor Dash Team? We encourage you to create a Donor Dash Team to honor, recognize, and celebrate those touched by donation safely together on Sunday, July 18. You can gather locally at a park, someone’s home, anywhere! After you walk/run the 5K, please tune in for our virtual program on our website starting at 10:30am. Don’t forget you have until 11:59pm on Sunday, July 11 to register to be on a team.
Team captains, request a team sign here.
First time creating a Donor Dash Team? No worries, we got you covered! Check out our Team Captain Info Packet below were you can find answers to the most common questions about creating a team and/or being a team captain. If you still have question or don’t see the information you need here, please feel free to reach out to Tina, our team liaison at email@example.com. She’ll be more than happy to assist you!
Donor Dash Team Captain Information Packet
- Who can create a Donor Dash Team?
Anyone can choose to create a team! So get your friends and family to join the fun and invite them to be part of your Donor Dash Team.
- Is there a minimum number to create a Donor Dash Team?
No, you can create a team no matter how many total team members you have. However, a team must consist of at least 10 members (by the team registration deadline) in order to pick up materials as a group. Any teams of less than 10 are welcome to run/walk as a team but must pick up packets as individuals.
Key Captain Responsibilities and Team Info
- The person who creates the team during online registration is automatically assigned as the team captain.
- Team Captains are responsible for picking up team packets on Saturday July 17 and disseminating materials to team members.
- Team Captains are responsible for managing team rosters, communication and logistics, including but not limited to:
- Downloading team roster
- Communicating details of the event with team members
- Confirming team captain contact information with team members
- Coordinating and hosting complementary team sign
- Picking up packets on Saturday, July 17 (please let us know if a designee will be picking up on your behalf)
- If you are having trouble/are unable to export your team roster from Race Roster please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a roster with ALL of your team information, including who chose to get their packets shipped and team members t-shirt sizes.
- Don’t forget a team must consist of at least 10 members (by the team registration deadline) in order to pick up materials as a group. Any teams of less than 10 are welcome to run/walk as a team but must pick up packets as individuals.
How to Create a Team Online (For Team Captains)
For a smoother experience, we recommend using Firefox or Chrome when navigating Race Roster website and registering for the Donor Dash.
- Step 1: On the Race Roster’s website, Click “Register” in the left hand menu on Race Roster’s website. You will need to create a Race Roster account or sign in to continue. If an account is already registered with your e-mail address, you will be prompted for a password. If you are unable to recall your password, please click “Forgot Pass-word?” and follow the prompts to re-set your password.
- Step 2: Fill in your information for Participant #1.
- Step 3: Under “Would you like to create or join a team?” click Yes and then Create Team. Please note, Participant 1 will automatically become the team captain.
- Step 4: Complete your team’s details including team name & type.
- Step 5: Continue through to payment to complete your registration!
Important Team Deadlines
- Monday, June 14 (by 11:59pm): Honorary/Team signs form closes.
- Monday, June 21 (by 11:59pm): Last day to add mailing to registration to ensure packet delivers before the event
- Sunday, July 11 (by 11:59pm): Team registration closes
- Saturday, July 17 (9am-1:30pm): In-person packet pick at Denver’s Washington Park. Team captains pick up packets that were not chosen to get mailed.
Managing Your Team
- Be sure to download your team roster which includes team member names and contact info. You can view and manage your team on Race Roster through your account on the Participant Dashboard.
- If you do not recognize a team member, reach out to ensure they did not accidently select the wrong team, or contact us at DonorDash@DonorAlliance.org. Team members can be reassigned, but it has to be done by July 11.
- Communicate with your team members and let them know key info on the event.
- Team Captains are responsible for ensuring your team members receive their packets. This year we have two Packet Dissemination Options available:
- Shipping option: Individuals on a team may choose to have packets mailed during the initial online registration process. In order to keep registration costs down, a $7 fee is required to cover the cost of shipping the packet. In order to ensure packets will arrive before the event, participants must register and select the shipping option prior to 11:59pm on Monday, June 21 (Deadlines are reflective of USPS times for the Denver Metropolitan area. If you are outside of Denver, your packet may take longer). The mail distribution option will be available after the deadline on Monday, June 21 however, your packet may not arrive by race day. If postal mail distribution is selected, participants may not pick up packets at packet pick up, however are welcome to partake in the packet pick up festivities.
- In-person Packet Pick-Up Event: Team Captains are responsible for picking up and disseminating packets to all team members who did not select the postal mail option. Packet Pick-Up will take place on Saturday July 17 from 9:00am to 1:30pm at Denver’s Washington Park. Team captains may designate a representative to pick up team packets by notifying us at DonorDash@DonorAlliance.org.
- Suggest a place for everyone to meet up and walk/run the 5K together!
A Few Ideas to Build Team Spirit
- Submit a team ‘Who Are You Dashing For’ Video for the virtual program –
- Take a 5 second selfie video from your phone while walking/jogging/running outside or on a treadmill by yourself or with some of your teammates! Phone MUST be held horizontally (landscape view) or we won’t be able to use it.
- Say “I’m team ___ and I’m dashing for ___” Or “We’re team ___ and we’re dashing for___.”
- Send to email@example.com by Thursday, July 1.
- Create your own team name that signifies your spirit and unique qualities.
- Design & print your own team t-shirt to distribute to team members.
- Make posters, banners or flags to carry on race day.
- Plan a socially distanced, outdoor gathering with your team.
- Promote friendly competitions between different organizations, clubs or communities.
- If you are interested in sharing your team’s story publicly please reach out to us at DonorDash@DonorAlliance.org.