Transplantation Science is a FREE program for grades 7 through 12 meant to enhance any anatomy, health or biology program and to introduce students to the world of organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation. The Transplantation Science curriculum was created by experts in the field and promises to deliver a top-notch, hands-on educational experience for teachers as well as students.Request a Transplantation Science class here
Transplantation Science students have the chance to:
- Learn about each transplantable organ and how it functions;
- Examine real, plastinated organ and tissue specimens from the human body;
- Learn about the conditions leading to the need for a transplant;
- Learn how organ allocation works and complete exercises to match example donors and recipients;
- Experience the difficulty of trying to see with corneal blindness
- And more!
Managed by Donor Alliance, this program is free for middle and high school students in Colorado and most of Wyoming.