Get ready for the 2020 Donor Dash! On Sunday, July 12, Donor Dash Week officially kicks-off marking the beginning of the 21st Annual Donor Dash 5K run/walk! This year, thousands will join virtually to show their support for organ, eye and tissue donation at the 21st Donor Dash.
While this year’s event will look difference and we are sad we can’t all be together like usual, we’ve planned some new and meaningful ways to honor the lives of organ and tissue donors, celebrate the lives of transplant recipients and recognize those who continue to wait for a lifesaving transplant. Here is everything you need to know to prepare for the event and make the most of your Donor Dash experience- Together, Though Apart!
But First, Have You Registered for the 2020 Donor Dash?
If you haven’t, the good news is that you can still register online through the deadline. Check out the registration deadlines below:
- Early registration for teams and individuals closes on Friday, July 10 at 5:59 p.m.
- Individual late registration closes on Friday, July 17 at 5:59 p.m. Individuals have until Friday, July 17 sign up to participate in the Donor Dash 5K race! Please note this option is only available for individual participants. Donor Dash teams must register by the July 10 deadline.
Also, anyone wishing to pick up their packet early at the Drive-Through Pick-Up Party must register by the Friday, July 10 deadline. All participants must register online this year.
Friday, July 10 is the Last Day to Join a Team!
If you have already registered, if you’re interested in joining a team, this is your last chance to do so online! Online team registration & early packet pick-up option closes on Friday, July 10 at 5:59 p.m.! You can also join a team by emailing us at DonorDash@donoralliance.org before 5:59 p.m. on Friday, July 10. As a reminder, we are unable to make changes to teams after the deadline, so make sure to join your team before it too late. Team captains, this is a reminder to check your team roaster before the deadline.
Drive-Through Packet Pick-up Party on Sunday, July 12 from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Come say hello and pick up your packets at the Drive-Through Packet Pick-up Party event at 200 Spruce Street in Denver! This event will honor social distancing guidelines as you will not be able to get out of your car when you are picking up your Donor Dash items. In order to pick up packets at the Pick-Up party on Sunday, July 12, you must have registered prior to 5:59 p.m. on Friday, July 10.
Also, a few things to remember:
- Garden signs: All new and previously ordered signs will be available for pick-up at the Packet Pick-Up event. If you’re unable to pick up your sign, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team captains: Don’t forget, it is your responsibility to pick up and disseminate your team’s packets and honorary signs. Team packets can also be picked up by a team designee.
- Team captains with teams of less than 10 people: Your packets will be in individual packet pick up. You can still pick up for your entire team or unclaimed packets will be mailed.
Check the Schedule of Events for more info on Packet Pick-Up. We look forward to seeing you there!
Join us for Donor Dash Week!
Don’t forget to join us Together, Though Apart for Donor Dash Week to honor, celebrate and recognize all week long! Make sure to show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by sharing a picture of your garden signs or team on your social channels with #DonorDash and #WhoAreYouDashingFor. Check out the Donor Dash Week Activities here!
Tune in to the Donor Dash LIVE Program!
Join those touched by organ, eye and tissue donation and tune in to the 21st Annual Donor Dash Together, Though Apart’s live-streamed program.
Thank you so much for your support of the 2020 Donor Dash and organ, eye & tissue donation. We can’t wait to see you, Together, Though Apart! For any additional information, visit our Donor Dash FAQs page.