On Sunday, July 16, thousands of people will join us at Denver’s Washington Park to support organ, eye and tissue donation at the 18th annual Donor Dash 5K run/walk. To make the most of your Donor Dash experience, here is what you need to know to help you prepare for race day:
- Arrive Early! We’re hoping to break attendance records with 6,000 people, so come early, expect some congestion and use it as an opportunity to meet some other people who’ve been touched by the gift of life.
- Parking: Parking is available at South High School and transportation assistance will be provided from the parking lot to the start line, which is near Mississippi and Franklin. Please reserve transportation assistance for those who are unable to make the trek.
- Race Course and Map: You can find a race day map of the course and activities here. The course and layout are similar to prior Donor Dashes and should look familiar to return dashers.
- Race, Expo and Program Start Times: The race begins at 8:00 a.m. for runners and 8:05 a.m. for walkers. Dogs and strollers are welcome, but please wait to start your race with the back of the group and be courteous to the runners and walkers around you. The expo area opens at 8:00 a.m. near the finish line and the program begins at 9:30 a.m. sharp!
- Free Team Photos: Teams of 10 or more are eligible for a free team photo. Have all team members report to the team photo area near the start line to take advantage of professional team photos from 7:00 – 7:45 a.m. or following the race from 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. If you are trying to get your photo taken pre-race, make sure to do so before 7:30 a.m.
For any additional information, visit our Donor Dash FAQs page.