All current Volunteer Opportunities can be found here! If you don’t see an opportunity listed that you would like to volunteer for, or if you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 303-370-2712.
Keep in mind that any DDS activities require the Becoming a Community Advocate training.
Sign up here for any of the below opportunities! Advocate Newsletter- August 17 – click the link to access the most recent copy of the Advocate Newsletter.
Virtual/At Home Opportunities:
- Administrative Tasks- ongoing. Support our mission with a variety of administrative support activities. To learn what’s going on right now, e-mail email@example.com.
- Special Opportunity- Blog Post Feature: Discussing Donation. In October, we are writing a blog post for both Colorado and Wyoming registry websites addressing the connection between the LGBTQ+ community and donation. We interviewed members of the Casper PRIDE organization and talked openly about donation, answering questions and dispelling myths. We’d like to include the perspective or story of an Advocate for Life who belongs to or has ties to the LGBTQ+ community. To sign up, e-mail Mandy.
Metropolitan Denver Opportunities:
- DDS: Walk for Wishes. Walk for Wishes is a nationwide Make-A-Wish fundraiser that supports granting life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We are looking for two Advocates to attend this fun and meaningful event & share their stories about donation with the community. This event is outdoor and will take place at Denver’s Great Lawn Park, 101 Yosemite Street.
- Saturday, October 2nd, 7:30am-12:00pm
Southern Colorado Opportunities:
- DDS: Cool Science Carnival Day. The Cool Science Carnival Day at UCCS is back in person this year! The event is a celebration of all things STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) featuring exciting demonstrations, talks, lab tours, music and lots of other hands-on fun. We’d love some help running our DDS, featuring our beloved Charlie, the life-sized operation game! We’ll also have our Transplantation Science educators there to help explain the science behind organ, eye and tissue donation. We can’t wait to see you at this exciting event! Cool Science Carnival Day will take place at the University of Colorado-Colorado Springs, 1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918.
- Shift 1: Saturday, October 9, 10:00am-1:30pm
- Shift 2: Saturday, October 9, 1:30pm-4:00pm
Northern Colorado Opportunities:
- No current opportunities planned. Join us virtually with one of the fun initiatives above!
Western Slope/Grand Junction:
- No current opportunities planned.
- Storage & Inventory Help. Do you have great organizational skills? Good with inventory and storage? We need your help with our Casper office event supplies! Our storage unit is in the basement of our office building. From community event supplies, Driver Services supplies and supplies for programming in Wyoming, we have it all! We are looking for an Advocate who would like to help us be more efficient by organizing our supplies and storage. We also need a basic inventory of supplies completed. Ideally, we’d like 1-2 Advocates who can possibly work together to organize and inventory our supplies in the office and the storage unit. This task can be done once or on an ongoing monthly basis, but needs to be completed during business hours.
- DDS: UW Football v. Fresno State. This year, as part of our partnership with UW, we will have a DDS table near the Veterans Memorial Statue which is inline with the War Memorial Stadium entrance gates. We are being given this special location and recognition pre-game. Looking for 1-2 Advocates to staff our DDS table and share their stories with game attendees, sign up those interested (on iPad or through their own mobile device) and educate the public on the facts of donation. The game kickoff is TBD, but most likely will be a late afternoon or evening start. Advocates would staff the DDS table from 2 hours before game time to 30 minutes after kickoff. This opportunity is outdoors, but we will provide a canopy and can move the table inside to the Pepsi Pregame zone if weather is bad. Join us for this fun event to connect with thousands of residents from around the state! This opportunity will be located at War Memorial Stadium, 1000 E. University Ave, Laramie, WY 82071.
- Saturday, October 16, time TBD
- Special Opportunity: Workplace Partnership for Life Business Program. We are reenergizing the Workplace Partnership for Life business program in Wyoming! As a local workplace, an employer can have a positive impact and be a community leader by getting involved in our business program. Any Wyoming business or organization who wants to help spread awareness for lifesaving organ, eye and tissue donation can participate. There are many meaningful ways to participate. This program offers businesses an option to fulfill corporate social responsibility, locally, while maximizing employee engagement. We are looking for Wyoming Advocates who would be interested in sharing our reenergized program with their employer. Advocates would share their stories with their employer, tell them about the new program and encourage them to participate. We will provide information and handouts for you to give to your employer about the program. To get involved, e-mail Ryea’ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for any of the above activities, please click here!