Nationwide more than 100,000 people are currently waiting for a lifesaving organ transplant and in our region around 1,500 of our neighbors; including adults and children are waiting. The waitlist cannot wait. On average, another name is added to the waitlist every 10 minutes.
As a local workplace, you can have a positive impact and be a community leader. Get involved and join the free Workplace Partnership for Life program today!
What is a Workplace Partner?
Employers who educate and inspire support of organ, eye and tissue donation amongst their employees and community. Workplace partners provide education on donation as well as opportunities for individuals to sign up to save lives.
Who Can Participate?
Any business or organization who wants to help spread awareness for lifesaving organ, eye and tissue donation.
Why Be a Workplace Partner?
The Workplace Partnership for Life (WPFL) program offers businesses an option to fulfill corporate social responsibility, locally, while maximizing employee engagement. Numerous studies show a positive and significant relationship between corporate social responsibility programming and employee engagement. Happy employees mean happy customers and are better for a company’s bottom line.
When employers are intentional and committed to creating a workplace that values the gift of life, it has a direct impact on employee engagement and motivation. The idea that every life has value and every person can make a decision to give the gift of life creates a unique workplace environment that connects all levels of staff, educates employees, and benefits relationships with the local community.
Top Ten Ways to be a Workplace Partner (must activate with one meaningful way)
- Display one of our window clings in your business’ front window.
- Participate as an individual or team in a Donor Alliance signature event.
- Display National Donate Life Month materials.
- Display Donate Life brochures at your business.
- Host a Donor Alliance speaker at your business in either a public setting or employee meeting/lunch-n-learn.
- Link to the registry site (Donate Life Colorado or Donate Life Wyoming) on your company website.
- Use educational content about donation in your internal communication (ie. company newsletter, intranet) or external communication (ie. customer newsletter, website).
- Share message of donation on your social media channels.
- Host a ‘Give 5 Saves Lives’ registration drive during your business hours.
- Other – We are open to your ideas! What would best connect with your staff and community?
- Engaged, educated and empowered employees who are better equipped to handle end-of life issues.
- Value of knowing you’re helping save and heal lives in your local community.
- Social media mentions on appropriate Donate Life properties and Donor Alliance’s LinkedIn.
- Company logo and mention on Donor Alliance website; applicable program landing pages.
- Participation discount for your businesses’ signature event team.
- Name recognition in one of Donor Alliance’s bimonthly e-newsletter, Perspectives
*If you are a hospital, please connect with our Hospital Development Manager, Katherine Orozco at email@example.com